We would like to invite you to the debates within the rEUnify project, which will take place on Friday 3 June at the Technical University in Liberec.
The event is organised by EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy and the Technical University of Liberec.
The conference will take place on Friday 3.6.2022 at the Technical University of Liberec. Specifically in building P. (Komenského 2, 460 05 Liberec). You can follow the event on our facebook event, where the conferece will be streamed.
15:00 - 15:10 Opening of the event
- Mgr. Jana Juzová, EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy
- Mgr. Kateřina Portmann Ph.D., Department of History, Faculty of Science, Humanities and Education, Technical University of Liberec
15:10 - 15:20 Opening remarks
- Jiří Šolc, Deputy Mayor for Technical Administration and Information Technology, member of the City Council and the Liberec City Assembly
15:20 - 15:40 History of Czech-German relations until 1989
- Mgr. Kateřina Portmann Ph.D., KHi FP TUL
15:40 - 16:15 Political context of German reunification and relations with the Czech Republic
- Petr Brod, journalist and historian
- Michael Žantovský, Executive Director of the Václav Havel Library (TBC)
16:15 - 17:00 Current relations between the Czech Republic and Germany
- PhDr. Zuzana Lizcová Ph.D., Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
- Mgr. Vít Havelka, EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy
- Eva van de Rakt, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union (TBC)
17:00 - 17:15 Coffee break
17:15 - 18:15 Intergenerational dialogues with citizens - perceptions of German reunification
18:15 - 18:30 Presentation of the project by a group of students
18:30 - 18:45 Closing of the event
Expertise: regionalism, Visegrad cooperation, democratization and European integration of the Western Balkan countries, EU enlargement
Expertise: European integration of Western Balkans, EU enlargement, Slovenian Politics and EU-Turkey relations